Winter 2023 – Great time to be a gamer
No posts for a while, but still heaps of gaming, spoiled with 3 epic AAA titles, that I’ll be playing for a long time, not even including Street Fighter VI!
A Final Fantasy Title for the Ages: Final Fantasy XV
Final Fantasy XV is one of the most ambitious and visually stunning Final Fantasy games ever made. It features a vast open world to explore, a real-time combat system, and a cast of memorable characters. While the game has its flaws, it’s an overall excellent experience that is sure to please fans of the series and newcomers alike.
One of the biggest changes in Final Fantasy XV is the switch to a real-time combat system. This change was initially met with some skepticism from fans, but it ultimately turned out to be a success. The combat is fast-paced and fluid, and it’s a lot of fun to experiment with different weapons and abilities.
The game also features a variety of side quests and activities to keep players engaged. Players can hunt monsters, collect items, and even play minigames. There’s something for everyone in Final Fantasy XV, and it’s easy to lose track of time exploring the world and completing side quests.
Story and characters:
Final Fantasy XV tells the story of Noctis Lucis Caelum, the crown prince of Lucis. When Noctis’s kingdom is invaded by the Niflheim Empire, he sets out on a journey to reclaim his throne and save his kingdom. Along the way, he is joined by his three best friends: Gladiolus Amicitia, Ignis Scientia, and Prompto Argentum.
The characters in Final Fantasy XV are some of the most well-developed in the series. Noctis and his friends are all relatable and likable, and their bond is one of the highlights of the game. The game also features a number of interesting supporting characters, such as Cid Highwind and Aranea Highwind.
Graphics and music:
Final Fantasy XV is one of the best-looking games ever made. The world is incredibly detailed, and the characters and monsters are all beautifully animated. The game’s score is also excellent, and it features a mix of orchestral pieces and catchy pop songs.
Final Fantasy XV is an excellent game that is sure to please fans of the series and newcomers alike. It features a vast open world to explore, a real-time combat system, and a cast of memorable characters. While the game has its flaws, it’s an overall excellent experience that is sure to keep players engaged for hours on end.
- Final Fantasy XV was developed by a team of over 1,000 people, and it took over ten years to make.
- The game’s world is over 100 square kilometers in size, and it’s filled with hidden secrets and easter eggs.
- The game features a dynamic weather system, and the day and night cycle affects the gameplay in a variety of ways.
- The game’s soundtrack was composed by Yoko Shimomura, who is also known for her work on the Kingdom Hearts series.
- Final Fantasy XV was the first game in the series to be released on multiple platforms, and it was also the first game to be released worldwide on the same day.
Starfield: Skyrim in Space, Fallout in Time, Elite in Scope
When I first heard about Starfield, I was excited, but also a little apprehensive. I loved Skyrim and Fallout, but I wasn’t sure how well Bethesda could translate their open-world RPG formula to a space setting.
However, after playing the game for a few hours, I was blown away. Starfield is everything I wanted it to be and more. It’s a truly epic adventure that combines the best elements of Skyrim, Fallout, and Elite.
Character creation and customization:
One of the things I love most about Bethesda games is the character creation and customization system. Starfield is no exception. You can create a character that is truly unique, with a wide range of physical features, clothing, and weapons to choose from.
Variety of weapons, perks, skills, ships, and crew members:
Starfield also features a wide variety of weapons, perks, skills, ships, and crew members. This gives you a lot of flexibility in how you want to play the game. You can be a solo gunslinger, a charismatic leader, or a skilled merchant. Whatever your playstyle, you’ll find something to love in Starfield.
Comparison to Skyrim, Fallout, and Elite:
As mentioned above, Starfield combines the best elements of Skyrim, Fallout, and Elite. From Skyrim, it inherits the open-world exploration, deep character customization, and varied quests. From Fallout, it inherits the post-apocalyptic setting, crafting system, and moral choices. And from Elite, it inherits the space travel, ship combat, and trading system.
Starfield is an epic adventure that is sure to please fans of Skyrim, Fallout, Elite, and RPGs in general. It features a vast open world to explore, a deep character customization system, a variety of weapons and skills, and a compelling story. If you’re looking for a new game to sink your teeth into, Starfield is definitely worth checking out.
- Starfield is set in the year 2330, and it features a vast open world that includes over 1,000 planets to explore.
- The player can choose from a variety of different character classes, such as the Explorer, the Scientist, and the Engineer.
- The game features a deep crafting system, and players can use it to create their own weapons, armor, and ships.
- The game also features a variety of different factions, such as the Constellation and the United Colonies of Humanity.
- Starfield is Bethesda’s first new IP in over 25 years, and it’s one of the most anticipated games of 2023.
Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty – A New Lease on Life
I’m a longtime fan of Cyberpunk, from the RPG source books in the 90s to the PS4 release, despite its buggy launch. But two years later, with the release of Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty, CD Projekt Red has finally delivered the game we all wanted at launch.
The mechanics of the game have been completely overhauled, and the combat system is now even more brutal and visceral. Vehicle physics have also been rebuilt, making driving enjoyable for the first time. And the new weapons and cyberware add even more depth and variety to the gameplay.
Story and characters:
Phantom Liberty picks up where the base game left off, with V and Johnny Silverhand dealing with the consequences of their actions. The story is full of twists and turns, and the characters are even more complex and well-developed than they were in the base game.
Cyberpunk 2077: Phantom Liberty is a must-play for fans of the game and the genre as a whole. It’s a massive improvement over the base game, and it’s one of the best RPGs I’ve played in recent years.
- Phantom Liberty features a new city district called Dogtown, which is home to a variety of new factions and characters.
- The expansion also introduces a new relic that gives V new abilities, such as the ability to hack enemies remotely and create a holographic decoy of themselves.
- Phantom Liberty is set to be the final expansion for Cyberpunk 2077, but CD Projekt Red has said that they will continue to support the game with patches and updates.