upgrade Nexus 7 to Android 4.4
I’ve bee so impressed with Android Kit-Kat on the Nexus 4 today that I’ve decided to upgrade my Nexus 7 to Android 4.4 before the OTA udgrade is available. Here’s a link to all of the factory images for Nexus devices… this is one of the selling points of having a Nexus:) This time I fooowed the below guide, gracious to Talk Android
- Power off your nakasi Nexus 7, and power back on by holding the Volume Up and Volume Down buttons while it boots.
- The fastboot menu should appear and you should see “Start” in the top right. Press Volume Up till it changes to “Recovery.” Press the Power button to select it.
- You will see an Android with a red exclamation point icon, press Volume Up and the Power button at the same time.
- You will get a new menu and you can navigate to “apply update from adb.”
- Now it’s time to connect your nakasi Nexus 7 to your computer via a USB cable
- Open the command prompt in Windows (cmd in Windows, regular shell in Linux and Mac) and navigate to the directory that the Zip file is located in.
- Type: adb sideload 13088e35942c77e4752aa1fdf51d54472509b941.signed-nakasi-KRT16O-from-JWR66Y.13088e35.zip
- The update will install and reach 100%.
- Reboot and enjoy Android 4.4