yubikey-neo + KeyPassX + KeyPassDroid + OwnCloud
yubikey-neo + KeyPassX + KeyPassDroid + OwnCloud portable secure password vault
Searching through F-Droid for yubico I came across a link to KeyPassDroid; I’d come across a password safe solution on the yubico site using KeyPass, but was shied away as it mentioned the premium version… I don’t mind paying for shit, although if I can solve the issue with free open source alternatives I’ll spend hours trying 🙂
So the solution that I’ve pulled together:
- created a KeyPassX database on my Ubuntu machine with all login email details
- set password up in 2 steps
- self entered password
- password stored on yubikey-neo
- setup key
- saved key and KeyPassX database to OwnCloud
- from Android download key and database opened with KeyPassDroid
- password acquired on demand via NFC from yubikey-neo
Sorted, a free solution… excluding purchasing of yubikey-neo and host fee of website that allows for OwnCloud space.
Guess free alternatives could be Google Drive or MEGA for online file storage, and a more simple one step password 🙂
Quite happy with how it works, lets’s hope I don’t lose the yubikey-neo in the near future 🙂
Comments are closed.