Finally can Connect with KDE
February 17, 2019
I’ve had an Android phone since the Nexus 1, and haven’t been able to get KDE Connect to work… until now 🙂
Easy as installing KDEConnect from the Android Play store, and I grabbed KDE Connect for Ubuntu via Synaptic… I didn’t know the full name to install it via apt-get 🙁
Think I’m going to use it mose to move files between devices… although the shared clipboard could be useful 🙂
So what can it do?
KDE Connect provides a set of features to integrate your workflow across devices:
– Shared clipboard: copy and paste between your devices.
– Share files and URLs to your computer from any app, without wires.
– Virtual touchpad: Use your phone screen as your computer’s touchpad.
– Notifications sync: Read your Android notifications from the desktop.
– Multimedia remote control: Use your phone as a remote for Linux media players.
– WiFi connection: no USB wire or bluetooth needed.
– End-to-end TLS encryption: your information is safe.